Saturday, September 25, 2010

"Keep me Far From Vanity and Bragging Rights"



All good things that are attributed to the way we live our lives is to the glory of God and not that of ourselves.  To be self less and to not be high minded of look at me, and look what I can do or the attitude of being superior over another.  Like those that pray repetitive unsalted prayers to be recited in the site of men, prayers only to be seen of men without sincerity.

  Many are looking for gratifications of the self and often use bragging rights.  There is no good, no not one, we have all fallen short, only through God and the presence of the Holy Spirit through the unequipped can we become equipped and it should never be handled through bragging rights or superior attitudes causing us to pry into the lives of others without that invitation.

  To be an example and encourage and to let your light so shine before men they will see your good works and your insecurities of what men think will not be present.  It is God we honor and not that of man to be built up by man.  God is a jealous God and what I do good I cannot with out the strength that comes from something higher than myself which is to love the Lord my God with all my heart and soul and to love my neighbor with a pure heart
and no need to seek the approval of others or to find my self above the other person.

  To consider my self as a servant and a helpful attitude to extend compassion.  I need help with these things and that is what I am walking through.  My only want is to demonstrate love in a way that I so undeserving received it back and was accepted with all my weaknesses and quirks.

We are all growing faith on different levels.  Those that are new in there walk are as fragile as glass.  We can wound unknowing without intention.  Keep me lowly and without high pride in every person, not just those that profess to believe as I do but to love those that are broken and hurting and to not ridicule in my own wisdom that can grow high minded.

  Your life speaks for it's self and we don't have to sound a megaphone to display it.  To enjoy the gifts that are freely given and to use them to the best of our ablilities to help one another and to grow into a greater understanding
of love and to be thankful in all things and giving our thanks to the bearer of gifts which is Christ Jesus that sent the Holy Spirit to reveal his every present glory of his grace and mercy allowing our grace to be sufficient and enough even when we fall short.

  To take our eyes off ourselves and to grow and learn to love others and to be an example of love in all that we do even when we may not understand someone Else's path.   Let me be an example set apart from my fleshly thoughts so that I can love and be loved in return, that I can be
 


 kind and tolerant and to be humble with others and not judge them according to my thoughts.  Let the window of the Holy Spirit reach out to them as I desire to grow in your presence and correct me and probe and prune the selfish ambitions of not holding up to what I expect of others.

Let no pride or self righteousness come upon us as we continue to love those around us.  Help us to speak kindly and not impulsively about other people's situations and be kind to them through this.  Letting the
Holy Spirit master over thoughts of my own and to be hopeful to all others, those of the believing and unbelieving alike.

  The sun rises on the just and unjust and being kind and extending hands when needed and to never exalt myself above another person.  Praying for the goodness of all and to uphold those that are hurting and to express mercy and grace as it was extended to us through Christ while we were so undeserving.

No comments: